Professional drone thermal imaging course conforming to the BS EN ISO 18436 standard.
The Drone Thermal Imaging Category 1 Course is an industry recognised qualification that conforms to the ISO 18436 standard. It is designed specifically for commercial drone pilots who are new to using infrared cameras on drones. This comprehensive course is essential for drone pilots wishing to conduct photovoltaic (solar panel) surveys in order to conform with the BS EN ISO 62446-3 standard.
The Drone Thermal Imaging Category 1 course is ideal for existing drone pilots or those wishing to gain an industry recognised qualification as a Category 1 Thermographer. Gaining this qualification makes you both more employable and valuable to clients, providing you with a commercial advantage over your competitors.
Qualified thermal imaging drone operators have the ability to offer additional services to a range of clients for conducting thermal inspections, solar panel inspections (photovoltaic) and search & rescue emergency response.
• Selecting an Infrared Drone Camera
• Thermal Imaging Camera Set Up
• Calibrating Your Infrared Camera
• Basics of Infrared Thermal Imaging
• Human Factors & Environmental Conditions
• Aerial Search & Rescue Techniques
• Drone Survey Techniques & Workflows
• Skyhooking & Mapping Flights
• Multirotor Flights
• Fixed-Wing Flights
• Autonomous Drone Flight Considerations
• Software Considerations & Applications
• Interpretation of Thermal Images & Data
• Job Costing & Deliverables
• Professional Reporting & Documentation
• Aerial Thermal Image Processing
• Commercial Infrared Inspections with a Drone
• Applications for Aerial Thermal Imaging
• Course Revision Session
• Final multi-choice assessment
Course content is subject to change
Start a new career as a drone pilot.
Commercial drone training course for pilots looking to attain their PfCO from the CAA.